IVY After Intensive Course aims to teach children to:
- Take turns through fun games.
- Improve listening comprehension through conversation and childrens’ DVDs.
- Learn self expression through art and crafts.
- Develop writing skills.
- Learn basic phonics and acquire reading skills.
- Learn geography and other cultures through activities and play with teachers and classmates from around the world.
- T-Sound – acquire correct English sounds with phonics.
- Reading skills – learn letter association, vowels, consonants and word recognition.
- Writing skills – promote good spelling habits.
- Mathematics – simple addition and subtraction, this will help children to acquire and apply the skills they need to solve problems they encounter in daily life.
- Craft – ‘Junk’ Art. Reduce, Reuse, Recycle by using ‘trash’ to make treasures.
- Finger plays and Nursery Rhymes – memorization and recitation of classic nursery rhymes.
- Puzzles and Board Games – promote strategic thinking, teamwork and turn-taking by learning to play both classic and new board and puzzle games!
Class hours : 14:30 to 17:30
Class days: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday
We are planning to open classes on other days as well.